Please read the following terms and conditions carefully as they govern your use of the Hiking in Jordan Guide and the GPS E-trails. Your use of the Hiking in Jordan Guide constitutes your acceptance without modification of all of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein.
Please read the following disclaimer before hiking in Jordan and using the Hiking in Jordan Guide. Contents of the Hiking in Jordan Guide, defined and referred to as the hard copy and e-Book of the Hiking in Jordan Guide, associated websites, blogs, apps and any other means of communication are intended for educational purposes only and should not be relied upon for any practical, medical, legal or financial decisions.
Any opinions expressed in the Hiking in Jordan Guide are the opinions of the authors and not necessarily of the authors’ affiliates, family, and former and current employers. The authors, their affiliates, family and former and current employers take NO representations or warranties about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, appropriateness, or accuracy of the information in the Hiking in Jordan Guide and;
- Will NOT be liable for damages of any kind arising from the use of the Hiking in Jordan Guide, including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages;
- Do NOT accept any liability or responsibility for any accident or injury inside the reserves and other hiking areas described in the Hiking in Jordan Guide and/or those caused by the usage of the trails and GPS E-trails described in the Hiking in Jordan Guide;
- Do NOT assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of hike directions and trail conditions in the Hiking in Jordan Guide. Although every effort has been made by the authors to ensure that the Hiking in Jordan Guide provides accurate information on trails in Jordan, the condition of trails may change over time;
- Do NOT accept liability for your personal safety on any of the trails and hiking areas described in the Hiking in Jordan Guide. The information in the Hiking in Jordan Guide is a resource only. It is your responsibility to be properly prepared for a hike and you alone are responsible for your own safety.
Hiking and using trail descriptions and maps in the Hiking in Jordan Guide and using GPS equipment is a personal choice and requires that YOU understand that you are personally responsible for any actions you may take based on the information in the Hiking in Jordan Guide. Using any information in the Hiking in Jordan Guide is your own personal responsibility.
Hiking and associated trail activities can be dangerous and with all outdoor activities can result in injury and/or death. Hiking exposes you to risks especially in developing countries. While hiking in Jordan, you may encounter a number of risks you should be aware of. These relate to risks associated with hiking, climbing or bouldering in Jordan, including but not limited to:
- Weather conditions such as flash floods, wind, rain, snow and lightning;
- Hazardous plants or wild animals;
- Objects hidden under water or in sand such as discarded construction materials and fence wiring;
- Your own physical condition, or your own acts or omissions;
- Conditions of roads, trails, or terrain, and accidents connected with their use receiving First Aid, emergency treatment or other medical services you may receive and/or require;
- Accidents and injuries occurring while traveling to or from the hiking areas;
- The inaccessibility or remoteness of the hiking areas which may delay rescue and medical treatment;
- The distance of the hiking areas from emergency medical facilities and law enforcement personnel.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER GREGORY MAASSEN, CHRIS GRANT, THEIR AFFILIATES, FAMILY AND FORMER AND CURRENT EMPLOYERS NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE HIKING IN JORDAN GUIDE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL,INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF A USER’S ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE HIKING IN JORDAN GUIDE.
You assume all risk of errors and/or omissions in the Hiking in Jordan Guide including the transmission or translation of information.
In addition, you acknowledge, understand, and agree that there are risks, including but not limited to, the risk of physical harm, the risk of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, underage persons, or people acting under false pretenses.
You assume all risks associated with dealing with the vendors with whom you may come in contact with through the Hiking in Jordan Guide.
You assume full responsibility for implementing sufficient procedures and updates to satisfy your requirements for the accuracy and suitability of the Hiking in Jordan Guide including the information provided thereon.
By using this guide, you agree that any action brought by you will be brought within the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and that you agree to attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jordanian courts. You further agree that the laws in force in the said Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan shall govern this agreement.
Please acknowledge sponsors, copyright holders and authors if you use their work. You cannot sell any of the materials in this Hiking Guide or use them for any other commercial purpose unless otherwise indicated.
All materials in this Hiking Guide have been included with the permission of copyright holders and/or when allowed under legislation. Please note that we retain full copyright of the text and map designs in this Hiking Guide, the cover design and GPS files. The hiking videos, animations, the back- ground of the maps and photos are licensed under the CC BY-SA license. Other relevant licenses are displayed in this Hiking Guide. Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
As with the contents of this Hiking Guide, the E-trails are protected by copyrights laws. Please refrain from posting the GPS files on the Internet. This allows us to maintain high quality standards while owners of this Hiking Guide continue to benefit from the E-trails and other great resources that come with the Hiking Guide.
We take the protection of our copyright and licenses very seriously. If you come across any illegal copies of the Hiking Guide, in any form, on the Internet, in Jordan or elsewhere, please provide us with the location address or website name so that we can pursue a remedy. We appreciate your help in protecting our ability to bring you valuable content combined with the additional resources available through the website.